How Can You Help?
How can Canadians give to help build the Afghanistan Repatriation Memorial?
Your help is needed to build this great memorial. Construction is planned to begin this summer. Please join all Canadians coast to coast who have already been giving to this Afghanistan Repatriation Memorial Fund. This is not a government initiative, but solely funded by Canadians honoring Canadian soldiers. Individuals, companies and organizations are all welcome to contribute to the fund to complete the $1.5 million dollar project. Donations, no matter how small, will make this a reality.
Donations can be made online ( here ) or by mailing a cheque made out to:
The Afghanistan Repatriation Memorial Fund
PO Box 490
Trenton, Quinte West, Ontario
In addition to providing your much needed contributions towards helping build this memorial to honour those who have given of themselves we can use your help in “spreading the word”.
In an effort to retain as much of the donations as possible for the construction of the memorial we ask that you take the time to share this website with your friends, neighbours, colleagues, and fellow Canadians. You can do this multiple ways:
- Send them an email telling them that you visited this site and that you were proud to provide a donation
- Share a link to this site through your friends on Facebook
- Share a link to this site through your followers on Twitter
- Print off one of our posters or cards available in our Media Downloads section ( here ) and share it at your workplace, service club, church, community centre, post office, etc.
- Send a letter to the Editor of your local newspaper, radio station, or television station and tell them about this site and what we are trying to do
- Tell your local politicians and encourage them to help support this worthwhile cause
- Visit your local Chamber of Commerce and encourage them to share this message
Please take the time to show our honoured and valued service men and women that you appreciate their selfless sacrifice for peace.